George Barboutis is a Strategic Marketing Management & Communications Expert with more than 30 years of academic and professional exposure in most crucial facets of the Hospitality/Tourism industry.
He combines a multifaceted academic background from Institutions, Colleges and Universities in Greece, USA and France, along with an extensive professional and consultancy experience in various marketing and management business ventures.
As a visionary and forward-thinking planner, he contributed with conceptual ideas and innovative projects that added value to enterprises, non-profit organizations, tourism destinations and stakeholders involved.
BBA, MSc, MBA, CAGSB, DESS Supported by Bodossakis and Pateras Foundations
Professional Experience Highlights:
- Strategic Marketing & Communications Director / Senior Executive Advisor experience in luxury Hospitality corporations & Tourism organizations.
- Pioneer of the millennium initiative of the Revival of Colossus of Rhodes.
- Proxy of the Mayor of Rhodes /Project Leader of the Scientific (Think Tank Tourism Committee of the Chamber of Dodecanese.
- Co-founder and VP of SITE Greek Chapter (Society of Incentive Travel Excellence).
- Former Head of the MICE Promotion Committee of Rodos Hoteliers Association.
- Former Director of the Hellenic Cultural Diplomacy, Branch of Rhodes.
- Co-founder and VP of Rodiaki Leschi (Rhodes Club-21st Century).
- Lecturer, moderator and TEDx Speaker.
Specialties: Corporate Strategy, Marketing, Communications Planning, HR Management, Hospitality Tourism, Cultural Tourism, Conferences & Incentives MiCE, Destinations Marketing Consulting, Branding, Competitiveness and Innovation
Key Merits: Visionary / Strategist / Forward Thinking Planner/ Innovator